Capital Improvement Projects
All updates are from Matthew Hill from EMC Inc.
Bethlehem --
MB Mechanical - MB was back onsite on Monday to address the fault with Boiler #3. The fresh air intake had a restriction that was causing the boiler to fault at high fire. The partially blocked elbow was corrected, and the fault has not returned.
I was onsite Wednesday to check on the boilers and confirmed that the fault had not returned. Mike also took the opportunity to review boiler room operations and discuss fault protocols with Sean while he was onsite.
If any additional boiler room training is desired, I can coordinate a time.
MB Mechanical will return on December 22nd to begin installing the ERV ductwork in the attic. They will work their way down into the classrooms throughout the December break. It will be a very tight schedule, but they are optimistic that they can complete the ERV ductwork during the break. If additional time is needed after the break, they will shift to a second shift to minimize the impact on the school.
Presby Energy - Presby Energy was onsite today, Friday, October 9, to complete the French drain and paint the gas line along the rear of the building. This completes their portion of the project.
I will be onsite Tuesday to inspect the French drain and document the completed work.
Profile Home Remodeling - Profile Home Remodeling provided a quote for bricking in the window that was removed for the new boiler exhaust vents. We have accepted the quote and signed a contract. They anticipate completing the work within the next few weeks.
Once the materials arrive, Profile will contact me to schedule the installation. I will then reach out to everyone to confirm the schedule.
ENE - ENE is continuing to finalize the front end of the controls project. This is a tedious process, but they are making good progress. They are currently completing the graphics and automation and expect to have this portion of the project finished shortly.
Once the front end is complete, ENE will begin training. They will also need to return after the ERVs are completed to integrate the new units into the existing Building Automation System (BAS).
Miscellaneous - I will be onsite with Garland Roofing on Thursday, October 15, for a comprehensive roof inspection. This visit was arranged with Sean during my site visit on October 7.
Lafayette --
ENE / BAS - ENE continues to assist with modifications to the front end of the BAS. Marc is working with Terry to review the system and make the necessary adjustments.
We are also still requesting an onsite visit from a Modine technician to explain the issue encountered with the units and perform a thorough inspection of the remaining units while onsite. I am working with DHI to coordinate this visit and will provide an update once it has been scheduled.
Garage Door - Axion expects the replacement garage door to arrive next week. Once the door arrives, I will coordinate with Axion to schedule the installation and work with Terry to ensure everything is properly coordinated.
Profile --
Presby Energy - Presby Energy expects the vaporizer to arrive by mid-October. Once the unit is received, they will return to the site to complete the installation. I will follow up with them on Monday to confirm the estimated delivery date.
Profile Home Remodeling provided a quote for the fencing around the propane tank pad. We have accepted the quote and signed a contract for the work. They plan to begin as soon as the materials arrive and anticipate completing the project within the next few weeks. I expect the fencing and vaporizer installation to be completed around the same time.
MB Mechanical - Boiler Room - MB was onsite to remove the remaining pipe insulation, tools, and other materials from the boiler room. We are still waiting on a quote to repair the fresh air intake fan, and I will follow up with them on Monday.
MB has also contacted the PK representative and is waiting for confirmation of a return visit to review the boiler room in greater detail with Nate. I will continue following up with MB to ensure this appointment is scheduled as soon as possible.
Rooftop Units - The rooftop unit installation has been postponed until next spring due to significant supply-chain delays. Nationwide shortages of large ERVs and air-handling units are affecting lead times, largely due to increased demand from data center construction. These delays continue to affect equipment availability across the industry.
Four of the rooftop units are currently scheduled to arrive in January, while RTU-1 is scheduled to arrive in August. We are continuing to work with the supplier to determine whether the delivery date for RTU-1 can be expedited.
Our plan is to begin installation in early spring, once weather conditions improve and snow has cleared from the roof areas. I will continue monitoring delivery schedules and coordinating with MB Mechanical so we can schedule the installation as soon as the equipment becomes available.
Adam and I will be onsite Thursday, October 15, to review the equipment served by the existing HRU-1 unit. We will address several current issues and develop a plan to maintain operation until the replacement unit arrives in August. This work will be completed at no additional cost to the District.
ENE - ENE was onsite on October 2 to address a loss of communication in the boiler room that caused the boilers to shut down unexpectedly. They responded within an hour, quickly restored communication, and brought the boilers back online.
ENE continues to work on the graphics and automation for the front end of the controls system and expects to complete this portion of the project within the coming weeks. This final phase is tedious and time-consuming, and I appreciate everyone's patience as they work through the remaining items.
Miscellaneous - I have reached out to Caulkins Excavation regarding the removal of the three barrels of material remaining from the oil tank removal. The hazardous materials company responsible for collecting and disposing of these barrels is significantly behind schedule.
I have requested that the removal be expedited and will follow up with Caulkins on Monday for an update.